I am running for re-election to the South Dakota State Senate. I have served in the State Senate for six years. I have served on the Appropriation, Taxation, Education, and Local Government Committees.
I am a fourth generation South Dakotan. Growing up on a farm in northeast South Dakota taught me the value of hard work and the importance of free enterprise.
I have been a small business owner since I was twenty years old. My first venture in the world of entrepreneurship was a barn painting company with one employee. My second business was a computer sales and service company with ten employees. Currently, I am part owner of a family fun park, Thunder Road, which consists of go-karts, miniature golf, bumper boats, EuroBungy and more.
I hold strong South Dakotan values and have a compassion for people. The belief that I should contribute more than I take is the reason that I serve.
- A leader in the legislature for fair taxes
- Only senator on Governor's and Attorney General's Open Government Task Force
- Honored by SD Newspaper Association in 2012 for "Protecting the People's Right to Know"
- Currently serving on Senate Appropriation Committee
- A prime sponsor of successful legislation to open up government records to the citizens
- Also a prime sponsor of successful legislation that exposed and halted wasteful government spending by the James River Water Development District
- One of 10 South Dakotans chosen to advise President Reagan on job creation at the White House Conference on Small Business
- Former board member of the Boys and Girls Club
- Former President of Sunrise Kiwanis Club
- Aberdeen Jaycees Employer of the Year aware
- Outstanding Employer for Disabled Employees
- Salvation Army - Board Member
If you'd like to donate to my campaign, click here.